Second Harvest Food Bank Marketing and Development Internship
The Development Department at Second Harvest Food Bank (SHFB) is seeking applications for Marketing & Development positions for Spring 2021 and Summer 2021. Interns will be responsible for assisting across multiple program areas including communications, public relations, social media, event coordination, fund development, and general administrative duties around the needs of the Development Department.
Interns will be expected to work weekly throughout the semester, based on the student’s availability and current projects, approximately 8-20 hours/week. Schedule for this internship is flexible. This position is a part-time, unpaid Internship that can be used to fulfill school credit.
- Become familiar with the SHFB program, events, and brand
- Assist as needed with marketing and fundraising campaigns, including digital e-mail appeals, newsletters and print materials. This may include drafting content, pulling recipient lists, addressing mail, etc.
- Research corporate, foundation or individual donor prospects and develop tailored fundraising marketing pitches and outreach efforts
- Draft press releases, pitches, and media alerts Create content for Communications & Marketing Calendar
- Assist with communications and public relations for special events
- Assist with the planning of major fundraisers, including sponsor solicitation
- Design work: SHFB collateral materials, Constant Contact templates, etc.
- Participate in marketing and development planning meetings Work with Development Team to create comprehensive social media strategies
- Update and monitor social channels
The successful candidate will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, creativity, excellent judgment, and willingness to learn and work as a team member. Must have knowledge of social media platforms. Knowledge of Google Analytics encouraged, but not required.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Lauren Matthews, Development Coordinator, at email@example.com and include Marketing and Development Intern in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled.