United Way Day of Caring is the largest, single-day volunteer effort in our community! In 2019, 800+ volunteers donated 5,000 hours of their time, rolled up their sleeves to landscape, paint, reorganize, harvest, build & refurbish at 60 different projects. Others visited, played games and took meals to the home bound.
Instructions for Agencies to Post Projects:
- Log-in to your Partner Portal Account by clicking on the red LOG IN button in the upper right hand corner of this page. If you do not already have a Partner Portal Account, click here to register for a free account.
- Create a Time and Date Specific Opportunity for September 16th with the registration type as "sign up." Click here for instructions on how to do this.
- Each project that is registered will be reviewed and connected to the Day of Caring event by the Volunteer Center.
- Register your project(s) on our site before Friday, July 31, 2020.
- Indoor and/or outdoor projects can be included. If you have an outdoor project we recommend including an indoor option in case of rain.
- Projects can be between 4-8 hours
- Need to list the maximum number of volunteers needed - groups of all sizes will be volunteering
- Need to know if all materials will be provided (if not- what is needed?)
- Volunteers like to work with the community you serve -
- Interactions with children, adults, seniors, pets etc.
- Consider volunteer activities like sports, healthy eating, ice cream socials, photo booths
- Skilled volunteering - i.e. training/ teaching can be an option
Individuals and Groups Looking to Volunteer on the Day of Caring:
Once projects are posted, they will appear on our volunteer calendar and will be linked here. Check back soon!
"All of the volunteers were so passionate and committed. I think it was a very emotional and impactful day for all involved." ~Anonymous
"2019 DoC is really a great opportunity to meet new volunteers. Our staff and residents truly enjoy the opportunity to do something over the top. Which we couldn't do without the extra help. " ~Cedarbrook Senior Care & Rehab
"It was another great Day of Caring! I know it’s a huge effort and we appreciate everything you do to bring nonprofits and companies together- thanks!" ~6th Street Shelter
“We would love to see more opportunities like this one. We really enjoyed volunteering and participating in something bigger than us.” ~ Kistler O’Brien Fire Protection
Thank you to the 2020 United Way Day of Caring Sponsors