Thank you for your interest in supporting the community through volunteer service! The Volunteer Center website is where hundreds of nonprofit organizations in the Lehigh Valley post their volunteer needs including one-time, date-specific opportunities, ongoing weekly needs, skills-based volunteer opportunities, and nonprofit board and committee service. The first step to connecting with these opportunities is to create your volunteer profile.
Volunteering as a Team?
You must first create your individual volunteer profile to build a team. Within your profile you can create a team, list your team members, determine your team name, and assign yourself or another team member as “Captain.” You will then be able to sign up for eligible group opportunities under your team’s name.
Already Have a Volunteer Profile?
If you previously created a volunteer profile, click the “Log In” button in the top right corner of this webpage and enter your username and password. Forgot your password? Click the “Forgot Password” link on the Log In page.
Ready to search for volunteer opportunities? Consider the following questions to help you narrow your search:
- In what geographic area do I want to volunteer?
- How much time do I have to volunteer?
- Do I want to volunteer one time or find a long-term commitment?
- What skills or experience would I like to use?
- Is there a specific cause I would like to support?
- What would l like to gain from volunteering?
Here are some quick links to various volunteer opportunity search options on our website:
- Search Opportunities (using keywords, zip code, age-range, and court-ordered service and other filters)
- Featured Volunteer Opportunities (PDF of featured opportunities as posted in The Morning Call weekly on Sundays)
- Opportunity Calendar (another way to view date and time-specific opportunities)
- Board & Committee Service (list of nonprofit board and committee volunteer needs)
- Browse Organizations (alphabetical listing of regional nonprofit profiles)
- Wish Lists (view the list of material and supplies currently needed by regional nonprofit organizations.
Volunteer Opportunity Sign-Up Tip: When you find a volunteer opportunity of interest and you “Sign up” or “Express Interest,” you will receive an auto-generated email with the contact information for the organization’s volunteer coordinator, AND the coordinator receives an auto-generated email with your contact information. Note that these auto-generated emails may get caught in your SPAM/junk folder. Once you receive the organization’s e-mail, we recommend you reach out directly to the organization and introduce yourself! If you have difficulty connecting with an organization after you have signed up for a volunteer opportunity, contact Sandie, firstname.lastname@example.org, for assistance.
Stay Connected to The Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley
Sign up here to receive our weekly “Current Volunteer Opportunities” list and information on other community-focused events and information via e-mail.