Holiday Hope Chests 2019
[Drop off all wrapped and filled shoeboxes at 85 South Commerce Way in Bethlehem Tuesday, December 3rd through Saturday December 7th.]
Help us bring extra smiles to children during the holidays as part of this year's Holiday Hope Chest program! In 2018, we collected, organized, and distributed over 7,700 shoeboxes filled with gifts for children of need here in the Lehigh Valley. This year nonprofits are requesting over 10,000 boxes! Please help us meet this most ambitious goal yet!
How does it work?
- We work with local youth serving nonprofit organizations to understand how many boxes are needed. See the list of nonprofits who requested shoeboxes this year.
- Once we know the need, we reach out to donors to collect, wrap, and fill shoeboxes with toys and gifts. Here's a link to our suggested gift list. You can participate as an individual, a family, or coordinate with your church, club, or co-workers.
- You, or a representative of your group, will drop off all wrapped and filled shoeboxes at 85 South Commerce Way in Bethlehem Tuesday, December 3rd through Saturday December 7th (actual drop-off dates and times are available on the donor pledge form). The nonprofits pick them up and distribute them to the children they serve.
Donor Form Now Available!
Click on the button below to submit your pledge. The form shows how many of each age and gender group we still need. You will receive a confirmation email as well as the blank tags that need to be affixed to the short side of the shoeboxes. We will confirm all details as it gets closer to the drop off week.
Not able to shop or coordinate boxes?
We also welcome financial donations and volunteers will do the shopping for you. Click on the button below to do that.
Participate as a Family in Holiday Hope Chests and Get a Chance to Win Crayola Experience Tickets!
Get your family involved in Holiday Hope Chests this year, tell us your story, and be entered in a drawing for the Crayola Experience in Easton, PA. We are encouraging families to participate on Family Volunteer Day (Saturday, November 23, 2019) but you can do it anytime before December 9th, 2019.
What you need to do:
- Submit your family donor pledge form by clicking on the green button above, or contact us about having your family wrap shoeboxes (if you have already submitted the donor pledge form, move to step 2).
- Take photos and/or videos of your family collecting supplies, wrapping or filling the boxes.
- Submit your story using this form before Sunday December 9th, 2019.
The winning family will be randomly picked on Monday, December 16, 2019. Click here to see the official rules.
See the difference your generosity makes!