Need Volunteers? This is the place to start!
The Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley works in partnership with hundreds of community-based nonprofit agencies to promote and recruit volunteers for a variety of meaningful opportunities for service and leadership.
Becoming a partner agency with the Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley is FREE and easy. As a partner agency you will be a part of a local network that will connect your program to the tools that are essential to a successful volunteer management program.
VCLV partner agencies have access to an array of benefits that make professionalizing your volunteer program easy.
To maintain your partner account, all you need to do is:
- Post new volunteer opportunities or update existing ones at least once a year
- Keep your contact information up to date
- Provide feedback
That's it - that is all that we ask! To start recruiting, create your organization account by clicking on the dropdown "Nonprofits" and click on "Agency Registration". To login in the future, click the RED login button at the top-right of the page, using your email address.
Member Agency Benefits
The Volunteer Center of the Lehigh Valley also has a member-based program. Member Agencies have access to additional benefits including The Morning Call Column, Donation Connection, Volunteer Challenge, Breakfast for Champions, and many others. (Partnership on the website is free; membership is fee based.) For more information on membership, click here
National Volunteer Week is April 15-22, 2018
Take some time to recognize your Volunteers. You can use the #NationalVolunteerWeek on social media to show your support of your volunteers.
Some suggestions on how to show your appreciation for your volunteers:
- Invite them to attend the Breakfast For Champions volunteer recognition event in April
- Have a party and give awards or prizes to volunteers.
- Plan a group activity or outing, such as a picnic in the park, or a movie night.
- Invite volunteers to share stories about volunteering with your organization, and feature those stories in your newsletter or on your Web site or on social media #NVW2018 or #NationalVolunteerWeek.
- Have staff members talk about a great experience they’ve had with volunteers, and share this experience with everyone.
- You probably have some of your own ideas percolating now too: great!