Talk, Read, Sing Volunteer
Did you know that 90% of brain development happens before age 5? Join the Lehigh Valley's Talk, Read, Sing campaign and help us spread the message that talking, reading and singing with children ages 0-5 builds language skills and gets them ready for school. Join us as we create connections with our Trusted Messengers – the places in our community our families trust most – childcare centers, grocery stores, salons, libraries, laundromats and more!
Volunteer responsibilities may include:
- Delivery of Talk, Read, Sing materials and books to Trusted Messengers
- Communication between Trusted Messenger points of contact and the Talk, Read, Sing coordinator
- Occasional tabling at events and engaging with children/families
- Working toward the collective effort of improving kindergarten readiness and reading levels
Volunteers are essential to the flow and effectiveness of our campaign - you will be directly contributing to your community's childhood literacy and empowering local parents and caregivers to be their child's first and best teacher!
Volunteers must have their own transportation.
For more information, visit lvreads.org/talkreadsing or talkingisteaching.org.
If you are interested in becoming a Talk, Read, Sing Volunteer, please contact Rey by clicking the Express Interest button below...
Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: