Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Office Administrator Volunteer - Sixth Street Shelter
Volunteer Position Summary:
The Office Volunteer provides clerical and administrative support including typing, filing, word processing, data entry, copying and other general office functions to support staff. Also this position is the first contact for visitors, donors, volunteers and residents, so he/she provides a great deal of supportive services to those seeking assistance.
- Greets visitors in a timely, courteous, and professional business demeanor. Contributes to the security of the organization by helping to monitor the access of visitors, participants and staff.
- Answers telephone calls, screens and routes calls, and distributes messages promptly.
- Receives, processes, and distributes mail, including parcels and incoming goods and supplies.
- Manages office supply inventory, assists in placing orders if needed, and distributes supplies.
- Assists with maintenance of telephone system, fax machine, copiers, computers, printers, postage machine, and other office equipment, as assigned.
- Responds to inquiries from staff and the public and provides accurate information.
- Assists the Development Coordinator with receiving and sorting donations.
- Assists residents and visitors as necessary and assists Caseworkers with specific needs of program participants.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Assists in organizing the office and waiting room area.
WORKING CONDITIONS (HOURS, SITE, ETC.)
Hours: Mondays & Wednesdays
Shifts available 9:00 am – 12:00 pm or 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm
Site: Sixth Street Shelter
219 North Sixth Street
Allentown PA 18102
Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus!
Secretarial and clerical skills
Communication and interpersonal skills
Ability to provide support to visitors and participants
Pleasant, courteous demeanor
High school diploma or equivalent required
Child Abuse History Clearance required
Criminal Record Check required
Ability to lift up to 25 lbs
Please send a resume or summary of experience to Abigail Reilly, Development Coordinator, at email@example.com and include “Sixth Street Shelter Admin Volunteer” in the subject line. Please note: a phone screening and virtual interview will be scheduled for qualified applicants.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: