Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Sixth Street Shelter Marketing and Development Internship
Sixth Street Shelter in Allentown, PA is seeking applications for Marketing & Development Internship positions for Spring 2021 and Summer 2021. Interns will be responsible for assisting across multiple program areas including communications, public relations, event coordination, fund development, and general administrative duties around the needs of the Development Department.
Interns will be expected to work weekly throughout the semester, based on the student’s availability and current projects, approximately 8-20 hours/week. Work schedule for this internship is flexible. This position is a part-time, unpaid Internship that can be used to fulfill school credit.
- Become familiar with Sixth Street Shelter programs, events, and brand
- Assist as needed with marketing and fundraising campaigns, including digital e-mail appeals, newsletters and print materials. This may include drafting content, pulling recipient lists, addressing mail, etc.
- Work with Development Team to create comprehensive social media strategies
- Update and monitor social channels Reporting and analysis of social channels as needed
- Assist in preparation of development materials for funder meetings, internal newsletter, and other communications as requested. Draft press releases, pitches, and media alerts
- Create content for Communications & Marketing Calendar
- Assist with communications and public relations for special events and fundraisers
- Create graphics as needed (social media, e-newsletter templates)
- Participate in marketing and development planning meetings
The successful candidate will possess strong communication and interpersonal skills, attention to detail, creativity, excellent judgment, and willingness to learn and work as a team member. Must have knowledge of social media platforms.
Please send a cover letter and resume to Dannah Hartman, Director of Marketing, at firstname.lastname@example.org and include Marketing and Development Intern in the subject line. The position will remain open until filled.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: