Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Garden, Clean and Play - LVCC at South Mountain
With over 120 children attending this nonprofit early childhood education center, we always have something to clean or organize. We need help with the following:
- Wash playground equipment.
- Trim hedges
- Pull weeds and pick up debris surrounding property.
- Cut down weeds and clean up around dumpster.
- Plant flowers and lay mulch (if volunteer organization can donate)
- Outdoor toy shed needs cleaning, organization and reinforcement from critters seeking winter shelter.
- Wash windows, windowsills, doorframes and anywhere else that looks dusty. Those who volunteer to clean the windows will need to climb a ladder.
- Wash stairwells and floors.
- Read to toddler and/or preschool children in the morning before afternoon nap.
- Basement clean out and organization. Lifting and climbing up and down steps required.
- Wash door sills/window sills.
- Art projects and games with school-age children in the afternoon.
**Please note: this site is NOT handicapped accessible. Multiple sets of stairs required (into building, down to basement, and up to 2nd floor).
If volunteers have a special skillset, we can incorporate into our projects with the children.
An on-site visit by volunteer team leaders will be required prior to Day of Caring. We will accommodate large groups by breaking volunteers into smaller teams to do different projects. Project start time/end time can be 8AM-3PM or 9AM-4PM. Please contact project coordinator - Shawn Deiter at sdeiter@LVCConline.org or 610-820-5333 x 205 to coordinate preferred time and to schedule site visit.
Is your organization willing to donate flowers and mulch for our project?
If volunteers bring the following items, the project will move faster:
- Work gloves
- Extra rags (for washing equipment)
- Extra buckets
- 2 squeegees with long handles to clean tall windows
- Power washer
- Hedge clippers and/or hedge trimmers
- Weed wacker
- Gardening tools
Free street parking available. Please leave spots in parking lot for families that are dropping off/picking up.
In accordance with Pennsylvania Department of Human Services regulations, LVCC requires clearances from volunteers working with, or within the vicinity of, children.
PA STATE RESIDENTS
State Police (free to volunteers) - https://epatch.state.pa.us/Home.jsp
Child Abuse (free to volunteers) - https://www.compass.state.pa.us/cwis/public/home
In addition, all volunteers will need to sign a Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers. LVCC will provide this document prior to Day of Caring.
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: