Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Red Cross Blood Drive Support Volunteer
Do you like to help people AND save lives?
If so, the Red Cross Blood Donor Ambassador role may be for you! As a Donor Ambassador you help by providing excellent and professional customer service at area blood drives near you to enhance the entire donor experience. You get the BIG DESK and check folks in when they arrive....with a smile and thank you.
- Manage the registration desk and reception area by welcoming each donor -- ensuring each donor is warmly greeted and assisting with the initial intake.
- Manage donor flow at temp taking station to ensure only donors passing temp screen are permitted access.
- Explain purpose of temperature screen to donors and ensure they understand reason for deferral if applicable.
- Manage the hospitality experience by offering refreshments to donors, thanking them for their contribution, and alerting staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell.
- Exhibit key courtesies: respect, compassion, communication, collaboration, competence.
- One or two 4-6 hour shifts per month -- sign up for only those drives that are convenient to you!
- Professional, clear and diplomatic communication skills.
- Commitment to the mission of the American Red Cross -- all training provided free!
If you are interested in learning more about this volunteer opportunity -- or any of our volunteer roles -- please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer or contact us by clicking the Express Interest button below...
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: