Age Minimum (with Adult): 16+, Minimum Age:18+
Teach children to save their parents' lives.
AVAILABLE THROUGHOUT EASTERN PENNSYLVANIA -- From Philadelphia to Allentown to the Poconos and everywhere in between.
If you like working with young children, the Pillowcase Project may be exactly what you are looking for in a volunteer opportunity. The Pillowcase Project teaches children grades 3-5 what they need to know ahead of a disaster. We schedule presentations at elementary schools, youth organizations, day camps, etc. and educate children on a level they understand.
- Work with Regional Pillowcase Project team to implement the program as designated by the Region.
- Work with the Regional Pillowcase Project team to conduct outreach to schools, after school groups, community centers, Boy Scouts & Girl Scouts, and other youth-oriented organizations with the goal of securing presentation dates.
- Meet with school administrators and teachers to explain the Pillowcase Project, explaining the materials and plans for follow-up.
- Give and/or assist Pillowcase Project presentations to youth.
- Ensure student post-test are distributed and collected to support required monitoring, evaluating and reporting.
As with all Red Cross volunteer opportunities, no prior experience is needed. All training is provided free of charge and you sign up for only those presentations that fit your schedule. Qualifications include successful completion of a volunteer application at www.redcross.org/volunteer, comfort with presenting interactive curriculum to youth ages 8-11, strong organizational skills and ability to follow through, excellent communication skills, including public speaking and and willingness to support the mission of the Red Cross.
If you are interested in learning more about this volunteer opportunity -- or any of our volunteer roles throughout Eastern Pennsylvania (from Philadelphia to Allentown to the Poconos and everywhere in between -- please visit www.redcross.org/volunteer or contact us by clicking the Express Interest button below...
Login or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must login to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: