Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Red Cross Screening Team Member
Screening Team members seek to understand what brought prospective volunteers to the Red Cross, their areas of interest and what position they would find most meaningful. Screeners use their understanding of the volunteer and match it with the needs of the organization, connecting volunteers with positions for which they are both interested and well suited.
Schedules and conducts volunteer screening interviews.
Reviews and has general understanding of volunteer opportunities.
Prepares for screening interviews following standardized training protocol.
Matches volunteers to positions for which they are best suited, based on skills, interest, availability and available options.
Updates Volunteer Connection, Red Cross' online volunteer management system, with candidate information and makes referrals as required.
- 4-6 hours/week minimum; Mon – Fri 9am – 5pm; first 3 months will include training/mentoring
- 9 month commitment; renewable
- Following training, screening interviews can be conducted in the evenings as well as on the weekend or weekdays.
- Self-Directed Learner. Broad understanding of the American Red Cross and its opportunities for volunteer service (training provided).
- Ability to work with computer database (training provided)
- HR experience or experience conducting interviews a plus
- Comfortable making phone calls to volunteers
- Comfortable working virtual work environment with coaching/mentoring provided via Microsoft Teams
To get started as a volunteer, please create a volunteer profile by visiting: https://www.redcross.org/volunteer/become-a-volunteer.html#step1
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: