Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Apartment in a Box - Sixth Street Shelter
At the Sixth Street Shelter, we offer 25 private apartments and can accommodate homeless families ranging in size from 2, up to 12 people. When a family moves in, they are greeted by a clean and inviting space, full stocked with everything needed during their stay. In addition to supplies, we also make sure the apartment has functional lighting, major appliances, heat and/or window fans, window coverings for privacy and minimal scuffs and marks on walls and furniture. When a family moves out, they are invited to take any necessary supplies with them, except for appliances and furniture. They return the apartment to a base level of cleanliness and a volunteer group will come in to “adopt” it, giving the apartment a deeper clean, painting and doing some minor repair work if necessary and finally restocking it, decorating it and making it ready to receive the next family.
We're looking for folks to volunteer to help us get these items together in a box, and drop them off at the Shelter during these Covid times. We would ask for the donations to be for a family of 4, and include the items listed below!
Typical Apartment Needs:
- Bedding (twin sized sheets, blankets, pillows)
- Personal Hygiene supplies (toothpaste, toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, conditioner, baby bath, feminine hygiene products, deodorant)
- Cleaning supplies (mop, broom, dustpan, bleach-free cleaners, gloves, dish soap)
- Tall kitchen trash cans and liners
- Toilet paper, paper towels
- Towels for bath and kitchen
- Microwave-safe dishes and utensils
- Pots & Pans, cooking utensils
- Child-friendly dinnerware
- Curtains and/or blinds
- Floor Mats & Area Rugs
- Occasionally the dining set, couch, armchair or other furniture needs to be replaced.
For more information email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: