Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+, Skills: Advocacy
A Volunteer Ombudsman is a community neighbor who is specially trained to find answers and resolve simple problems older adults experience in the long-term care system. The Lehigh County Office of Aging and Adult Services, Northampton County Area Agency on Aging, along with Catholic Charities, are looking for volunteers who enjoy visiting with others, helping to find answers, and have three or four hours a month available to join the Ombudsman Team.
After completing training, an Ombudsman may:
- with consumers of long-term care services and take time to listen to concerns on a person-to-person basis about treatment or quality of care;
- consumers, their families and long-term care providers to the rights of consumers;
- for Residents' rights and Quality of Care;
- development of Resident and Family Councils;
- to the agency to conduct investigations.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: