Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:18+
Volunteer from Home with the Red Cross
- VOLUNTEER SERVICES: Volunteer Screener – Gathers relevant information about prospective volunteers while assessing which positions volunteers are best suited. Provides excellent customer service to new volunteers joining the Red Cross. Responsibilities include conducting interviews over the phone with prospective volunteers, facilitating introductions to proper departments of interest, etc.
- DISASTER CYCLE SERVICES: Disaster Action Team Duty Officer (a.k.a. Dispatcher) – Ensures activation and monitoring of local and regional disaster responses and supporting the on-scene team responders. Responsibilities include leadership, determining what Red Cross action is required when notified by authorities, dispatching responders, providing remote support & expertise, etc.
- SERVICE TO THE ARMED FORCES: Hero Care Family Follow Up -- Ensures military families know they are supported during the critical times. Responsibilities include emailing and/or telephoning military families to provide preparedness information and providing additional support. Requires strong interpersonal communication skills and ability to work directly with others.
- DISASTER CYCLE SERVICES: Disaster Workforce Engagement – Performs readiness activities needed to support the regional disaster workforce. Participation will be assigned according to area of interest: onboarding/placement, deployment, training, recognition & appreciation, leadership development, profile management, etc. Requires ability to implement requests from supervisor with little or no supervision and strong communications skills.
Other at home or work volunteer opportunities include: DISASTER CYCLE SERVICES Information & Planning Support, Mass Care Team Shelter Surveys Reviewer, Disaster Mental Health Team Members, Disaster Spiritual Care Team Members, Disaster Health Services Team Members, Recovery Team Fiscal Reviewers; VOLUNTEER SERVICES Volunteer Engagement Team Members; SERVICE TO THE ARMED FORCES Hero Care Network Team Members, and more. Whatever fits your schedule and availability.
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: