Age Minimum (with Adult): 18+, Minimum Age:14+
The Seed Farm's Spring Plant Sale
We launched our first Plant Sale in 2015, and it has quickly become one of our most important annual fundraising and outreach events, attracting hundreds of community members from around the Lehigh Valley. Our Plant Sale provides attendees with experiential knowledge of the agricultural tradition that defines our region, while empowering them to grow their own food, take control of their health, and protect biodiversity. Over the course of one weekend, we sell thousands of non-GM vegetable, herb, and flower starter plants that Brad, our Farm Manager, grew from seed in our greenhouse. It's a fast-paced weekend, and your help is critical in making the event fun, inspiring, and informative for our shoppers and supporters.
- Wednesday-Friday, anytime between 7 AM - 7 PM, prior to 3 PM preferred. Greenhouse Work: "potting up" starter plants (moving seedlings into larger pots). The following dates are available:
- April 15-17
- April 22-24
- April 29-May 1
- May 2-7, anytime between 7 AM - 7 PM, prior to 3 PM preferred. Greenhouse work: tagging the plants that are ready for sale.
- Friday, May 9, morning/afternoon: Setting up tables and stocking them with plants; other various set-up tasks
- Friday, May 9, 4-8 PM, Preview Night assistance (re-stocking, answering questions, check-out, setting up for next day)
- Saturday, May 9, anytime between 7 AM - 4 PM: parking, check-out, re-stock, answering questions (there will be multiple shifts throughout the day)
- Sunday, May 10, 10 AM - 3 PM: parking, check-out, re-stock, answering questions, clean-up
- Monday, May 11, 8 AM - 12 PM: final clean-up of site
- When you're available (feel free to say "I'm available during [all of these times] but only want to work [a certain number of] shifts" - then we can schedule you when your help is most needed)
- If there are certain tasks you'd especially like to do or can NOT do
- Cell phone # if possible, and whether phone, text, or email is preferred
- If you have a group of people you'd like to bring for greenhouse work (it's a fun group activity!) - then we won't have to schedule others for that time slot.
- T-shirt size (men's sizes)
Log in or Register
In order to register for this opportunity you must log in to an existing account or register to create a new account.
Signup with team
This link allows you to participate in this opportunity with a team. When you click on the link you will have the option to:
- Choose an existing team you're already a member or captain of, or
- Create a new team to sign up.
Please respond to the following questions in order to signup for this opportunity: